Vettori on target to face Pakistan in Test series
Auckland: Skipper Daniel Vettori has said that he is on target to return to the Black Caps squad for the Test series against Pakistan.
Vettori, who is sitting out of the three Twenty20 matches against the tourists to rest an injured back, is looking to get some cricket under his belt before the first Test begins in Hamilton on January 7.
He is keen to play for a New Zealand 11 against Pakistan in a three-day fixture in Whangarei from January 2 to 4, while another option is the domestic T20 final on January 2 if Northern District make it to the championship decider.
In Vettori’s absence from the Black Caps, Ross Taylor has taken over the captaincy and on Sunday led New Zealand to a five-wicket T20 win over Pakistan in Auckland.
Vettori said he feeling “pretty good” physically, had managed his back well and, if he really needed to, could have played in the T20 series.
“But looking forward to the Test matches and how important that series is, I wanted to be as ready as possible for that,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000