Vettori to play for Brisbane Heat in Big Bash League
Wellington: New Zealand allrounder Daniel Vettori has signed a three-year-deal with Brisbane Heat to play in the Big Bash Twenty20 League.
After playing three games for the Heat in the inaugural Australian domestic competition last season, Vettori signed as one of the franchise’s overseas players, which are limited to two for each team.
“I had a really good time last season. They were a great bunch of blokes led by a top coach in Darren Lehmann and his support staff, which made for a very enjoyable environment to play cricket in,” said Vettori.
However, Vettori again appears unlikely to play in any more than three games in 2012-13 given the left-arm spinners’s availability for the Big Bash, which runs from December 7 to January 19, a website reports.
New Zealand has a Twenty20, one-day and test tour of South Africa from December 18 to January 25 and Vettori is likely to be involved in all but the 50-over matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test