Victoria captain White to play for Bangalore in CL T20
London: All-rounder Cameron White is all set to play for Royal Challengers Bangalore instead of the Victoria Bushrangers in the Champions League Twenty 20 tournament in South Africa next month.
White`s choice was the most significant selection in the final list of squads for the 2010 event, to be held in South Africa.
White has been the mainstay of the Bushrangers squad since becoming the state`s youngest ever captain in 2003, but his Indian Premier League (IPL) contract ties him to Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Batsman David Hussey is expected to be captain in White`s absence, Fox Sports reports.
Victoria will be handed US dollars 200,000 as compensation from Royal Challengers Bangalore.
South African Jacques Kallis, aligned to the Warriors, and New Zealander Ross Taylor (Central Stags) would also be competing against their home provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'