Vijay Patil panel files nominations for MCA polls
Mumbai: The Mumbai Cricket Association`s polls on October 18 gathered pace today with the filing of nominations for all posts barring one by the group headed by outgoing vice president Vijay Patil here.
"Dr Vijay Patil has filed his nomination for the vice presidentship. All our panel members barring Lalchand Rajput, who is away, filed their nominations today. Rajput will be filing it electronically later today and the physical form will be submitted tomorrow to the MCA," group spokesperson Dr Unmesh Khanvilkar told PTI.
Former opener Rajput - who is coaching India A in the ongoing series against the West Indies in Karnataka - is scheduled to file his nomination for the joint secretary`s post.
Ex-India pacer Abey Kuruvilla, former Mumbai medium pacer Atul Ranade and Khanvilkar have also filed nominations for the two joint secretaries` post.
Kuruvilla, Ranade and Khanvilkar also filed their nominations for the 11-strong managing committee while Rajput is also slated to do so electronically.
Outgoing treasurer Mayank Khandwala, from the same group, filed his nomination for the same post.
The Vijay Patil group has already extended support to Sharad Pawar if he decides to contest for the presidentship of MCA.
Pawar is expected to file his nomination on October 11, the last date for nomination, it was learnt.
Yesterday, BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Gopinath Munde, filed his nomination to contest for the presidentship fuelling speculations that he would get involved in a straight fight with Union Agriculture Minister Pawar.
The nomination papers would be scrutinised on October 12 and withdrawals, if any, would take place on October 15.
Incumbent president Ravi Savant and his panel members, including current joint secretaries Dr P V Shetty and Nitin Dalal, would also file their nominations on October 11, according to Dr Shetty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'