Vijay Patil panel files nominations for MCA polls
Mumbai: The Mumbai Cricket Association`s polls on October 18 gathered pace today with the filing of nominations for all posts barring one by the group headed by outgoing vice president Vijay Patil here.
"Dr Vijay Patil has filed his nomination for the vice presidentship. All our panel members barring Lalchand Rajput, who is away, filed their nominations today. Rajput will be filing it electronically later today and the physical form will be submitted tomorrow to the MCA," group spokesperson Dr Unmesh Khanvilkar told PTI.
Former opener Rajput - who is coaching India A in the ongoing series against the West Indies in Karnataka - is scheduled to file his nomination for the joint secretary`s post.
Ex-India pacer Abey Kuruvilla, former Mumbai medium pacer Atul Ranade and Khanvilkar have also filed nominations for the two joint secretaries` post.
Kuruvilla, Ranade and Khanvilkar also filed their nominations for the 11-strong managing committee while Rajput is also slated to do so electronically.
Outgoing treasurer Mayank Khandwala, from the same group, filed his nomination for the same post.
The Vijay Patil group has already extended support to Sharad Pawar if he decides to contest for the presidentship of MCA.
Pawar is expected to file his nomination on October 11, the last date for nomination, it was learnt.
Yesterday, BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Gopinath Munde, filed his nomination to contest for the presidentship fuelling speculations that he would get involved in a straight fight with Union Agriculture Minister Pawar.
The nomination papers would be scrutinised on October 12 and withdrawals, if any, would take place on October 15.
Incumbent president Ravi Savant and his panel members, including current joint secretaries Dr P V Shetty and Nitin Dalal, would also file their nominations on October 11, according to Dr Shetty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened