Vikram Agarwal appears before TN CB-CID
Chennai: City-based hotelier Vikram Aggarwal on Monday appeared before the Crime Branch-CID of the Tamil Nadu Police after summons were issued to him in connection with the IPL betting case, police said.
After he failed to appear before the CB-CID, fresh summons had been issued on Friday.
Agarwal, who is allegedly linked with IPL-betting and allowed some bookies to operate from his hotels, had earlier sought time to appear before the CB-CID.
His two hotels in Chennai were raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
The hotelier, summoned by the Mumbai crime branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with their separate case on IPL-betting.
Agarwal, a friend of CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who is in the dock for alleged betting, allegedly led the IPL betting syndicate in the southern city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred