Vikram Agarwal appears before TN CB-CID
Chennai: City-based hotelier Vikram Aggarwal on Monday appeared before the Crime Branch-CID of the Tamil Nadu Police after summons were issued to him in connection with the IPL betting case, police said.
After he failed to appear before the CB-CID, fresh summons had been issued on Friday.
Agarwal, who is allegedly linked with IPL-betting and allowed some bookies to operate from his hotels, had earlier sought time to appear before the CB-CID.
His two hotels in Chennai were raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
The hotelier, summoned by the Mumbai crime branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with their separate case on IPL-betting.
Agarwal, a friend of CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who is in the dock for alleged betting, allegedly led the IPL betting syndicate in the southern city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says