Virat Kohli jumps to joint 2nd in ICC ODI rankings
Dubai: Talented Indian batsman Virat Kohli jumped three places to joint second in the latest ICC ODI players’ rankings issued on Monday.
Kohli and South African AB de Villiers share the second spot with 784 points behind another Protea Hashim Amla (889).
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir are the other two Indians in the top 10 at fifth and ninth respectively. Dhoni slipped one place while Gambhir gained one spot.
Explosive batsman Yusuf Pathan soared 34 places to be at 47th.
In the bowlers’ chart headed by New Zealand’s Daniel Vettori, South Africa pacers Morne Morkel and Lonwabo Tsotsobe achieved career-best rankings at second and 10th respectivley.
Morkel, who took 12 wickets in South Africa’s 3-2 series win over India, jumped 10 places while Tsotsobe has been rewarded for finishing as the leading wicket-taker in the series, with 13 wickets, with a rise of 38 positions.
No Indian features in the top 20 with Praveen Kumar and Harbhajan Singh occupying 17th and 20th spots respectively.
Zaheer Khan gained four places to be at 23rd while Munaf Patel jumped six places to occupy 33rd spot.
In the Reliance ICC ODI Championship, Australia’s 6-1 series win over England has earned it three ratings points and it now sits pretty on 131 with its closest rivals being India and Sri Lanka who are on 119 ratings points each.
South Africa is a further one point behind in fourth position.
Bangladesh has moved ahead of the West Indies in eighth place, thanks to Sri Lanka’s 2-0 win over Darren Sammy’s side in the three-match series which ended in Colombo yesterday.
Both Bangladesh and the West Indies are locked on 66 ratings points but Bangladesh is placed higher after the ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state