Virat Kohli steady at tied 6th in ICC T20 rankings
Dubai: Virat Kohli is the highest-ranked Indian batsman at joint sixth but there is no Indian presence in the top-10 of the bowlers` list in the latest ICC Twenty20 Rankings issued here on Wednesday.
At eighth, Suresh Raina is the second Indian batsman in the top-10 with Yuvraj Singh being a distant next best at 16th.
Off-spinner R Ashwin is the highest-ranked Indian bowler at 16th in the chart.
Elsewhere, Pakistan will begin their two-match Twenty20 International series against Zimbabwe on August 23 with an aim to reduce the gap with number-one ranked Sri Lanka.
The two-match series starts in Harare with the second match scheduled to be held on 24 August.
Currently ranked second with 124 ratings points, Mohammad Hafeez`s side can gain one ratings point if it wins both the matches, to finish with 125 ratings points and thereby reduce the gap with number-one ranked Sri Lanka (128) to three.
Zimbabwe too have an opportunity to move up, and will jump one place to 11th if they win both matches in the series. Zimbabwe are currently ranked 12th with 48 ratings points, and can gain up to 16 ratings points to move into 11th with 64 ratings points.
Meanwhile, Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez will start the series with an all-round presence in the rankings.
Hafeez is currently ranked second among all-rounders with a career-high 432 ratings points, and is also fourth in the bowlers list and 17th among the batsmen.
In the bowling table, Saeed Ajmal in second and Shahid Afridi in 11th are the other Pakistan players inside the top 20.
For Zimbabwe, spinner Prosper Utseya is the only bowler inside the top 10, in ninth position.The bowlers` list is still headed by West Indies` Sunil Narine, with Sri Lanka`s Ajantha Mendis in third.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks