Virat Kohli steady at tied 6th in ICC T20 rankings
Dubai: Virat Kohli is the highest-ranked Indian batsman at joint sixth but there is no Indian presence in the top-10 of the bowlers` list in the latest ICC Twenty20 Rankings issued here on Wednesday.
At eighth, Suresh Raina is the second Indian batsman in the top-10 with Yuvraj Singh being a distant next best at 16th.
Off-spinner R Ashwin is the highest-ranked Indian bowler at 16th in the chart.
Elsewhere, Pakistan will begin their two-match Twenty20 International series against Zimbabwe on August 23 with an aim to reduce the gap with number-one ranked Sri Lanka.
The two-match series starts in Harare with the second match scheduled to be held on 24 August.
Currently ranked second with 124 ratings points, Mohammad Hafeez`s side can gain one ratings point if it wins both the matches, to finish with 125 ratings points and thereby reduce the gap with number-one ranked Sri Lanka (128) to three.
Zimbabwe too have an opportunity to move up, and will jump one place to 11th if they win both matches in the series. Zimbabwe are currently ranked 12th with 48 ratings points, and can gain up to 16 ratings points to move into 11th with 64 ratings points.
Meanwhile, Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez will start the series with an all-round presence in the rankings.
Hafeez is currently ranked second among all-rounders with a career-high 432 ratings points, and is also fourth in the bowlers list and 17th among the batsmen.
In the bowling table, Saeed Ajmal in second and Shahid Afridi in 11th are the other Pakistan players inside the top 20.
For Zimbabwe, spinner Prosper Utseya is the only bowler inside the top 10, in ninth position.The bowlers` list is still headed by West Indies` Sunil Narine, with Sri Lanka`s Ajantha Mendis in third.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata