Viru, Gauti, Virat in Delhi probables list for Challengers
New Delhi: The Delhi team`s probables list bore a star-studded look with all the senior and U-19 national team players included in the 28-member list for the upcoming NKP Salve Challenger Series starting in Indore on September 26.
The list includes Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, the two out-of-favour seniors Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag, former India U-19 captain Unmukt Chand, pacer Ishant Sharma and veteran Ashish Nehra. Also there is old domestic workhorses like Rajat Bhatia and Mithun Manhas.
Expectedly, IPL dope offender Pradeep Sangwan has not made it to the probables list. Sangwan is also recovering from a shoulder surgery.
Dhawan and Ishant`s availability depends on how far their side Sunrisers Hyderabad are able to proceed in the Champions League T20 while Gambhir might just be able to join the team in time after finishing his county engagements with Essex.
Under newly appointed chief coach Sanjeev Sharma, the probables will start their training session at the Roshanara Club ground tomorrow. The Delhi squad will then attend anti-doping programme organized by the DDCA at the Kotla.
Squad: Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Mithun Manhas, Unmukt Chand, Rajat Bhatia, Puneet Bisht, Ishant Sharma, Parvinder Awana, Sumit Narwal, Ashish Nehra, Pawan Suyal, Vikas Mishra, Manan Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Milind Kumar, Varun Sood, Pawan Negi, Vaibhav Rawal, Khistij Sharma, Sunny Sehrawat, Shelly Shaurya, Dhruv Shorey, Yogesh Nagar, Jagrit Anand, Nitish Rana, Rahul Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees