VJD System creator seeks Kumble`s assistance
New Delhi: Snubbed by the ICC, V Jayadevan, who devised the VJD System for calculating target scores in interrupted limited-overs matches, has requested the apex body`s cricket committee chairman, Anil Kumble, to include his appeal in its agenda.
Jayadevan`s requests for using VJD results as an official record for professional league matches (like in IPL) etc. Had been turned down by the ICC.
"Mr. Anil Kumble as a chairman has the rights to include any relevant item in the agenda. I request him to include my appeal in the agenda and let the committee take a decision on it," Jayadevan said in statement.
He has accused the ICC of not providing him a proper platform to present his case.
Last year the ICC had made a comparative study between VJD and Duckworth/Lewis systems, which concluded that the D/L system does not have serious flaws.
"I had illustrated more than a dozen cases where VJD system gives better results and the reviewer, a compatriot and close associate of D/L simply ignored all these points while writing his report," Jayadevan said.
The ICC, in its reply to Jayadevan`s letter, said, "Over several years you have been unable to convince them that the VJD method is better than the system that is currently used in international cricket."
The ICC commissioned an extensive comparison of the two methods in 2012, but will not do so again in 2013 and will not consider the VJD method at its meeting later this year.
"They are saying that they have given me enough chance still I could not prove that VJD system is better than DL. What a big lie it is. ICC has never given me any proper venue to present my views. For the last 14 years, I was begging for a chance to present it in the cricket committee. The only chance I got was to speak to a 3 member committee at Hong Kong," he said.
"There I exposed DL system in my detailed presentation but David Richardson himself said that the above committee has no power to take any decision. I had given in writing that I have no faith in Kendix and still they continued with him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray