I never said Laxman does not enjoy Dhoni`s support: Ganguly
New Delhi: Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly today clarified that he never suggested through his comments that VVS Laxman does not enjoy captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s support.
Laxman stunned cricket fraternity yesterday by announcing his sudden retirement. The timing of Laxman`s retirement shocked many as he was picked in the squad for the upcoming two-Test series against New Zealand.
Ganguly was quoted as saying in media that had Laxman enjoyed support of his skipper Dhoni, situation could have been different for him.
However, Ganguly today said, he did not mean what media suggested of his comments.
"I would like to place on record that part of my comment on VVS Laxman`s efforts to get in touch with skipper MS Dhoni was misconstrued. What I did say was, `In cricket at times you need to be available 24x7 as a captain`. It no way implied that Laxman doesn`t enjoy his skipper`s support or suggest that the situation would have been different (for Laxman) had he enjoyed the skipper`s support," Ganguly said.
Ganguly had also lashed out at the selectors, especially chief selector K Srikkanth for the communication gap between them and the players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video