VVS Laxman may announce retirement today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Indian batsman VVS Laxman is contemplating retirement by the end of the India-New Zealand two-match Test series, according to reports.
Laxman, who made his Test debut in 1996 against South Africa, is hurt by reports suggesting that by continuing to play for India he is blocking the chances of youngsters.
As per reports, the 37-year-old was not even keen on playing the two Tests against New Zealand but then he seemed to have agreed to play in the two matches and then bid adieu on the advice of his well-wishers.
The stylish right-hander is expected to make a formal announcement on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest