VVS Laxman may announce retirement today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Indian batsman VVS Laxman is contemplating retirement by the end of the India-New Zealand two-match Test series, according to reports.
Laxman, who made his Test debut in 1996 against South Africa, is hurt by reports suggesting that by continuing to play for India he is blocking the chances of youngsters.
As per reports, the 37-year-old was not even keen on playing the two Tests against New Zealand but then he seemed to have agreed to play in the two matches and then bid adieu on the advice of his well-wishers.
The stylish right-hander is expected to make a formal announcement on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj