VVS Laxman may announce retirement today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Indian batsman VVS Laxman is contemplating retirement by the end of the India-New Zealand two-match Test series, according to reports.
Laxman, who made his Test debut in 1996 against South Africa, is hurt by reports suggesting that by continuing to play for India he is blocking the chances of youngsters.
As per reports, the 37-year-old was not even keen on playing the two Tests against New Zealand but then he seemed to have agreed to play in the two matches and then bid adieu on the advice of his well-wishers.
The stylish right-hander is expected to make a formal announcement on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble