VVS Laxman may announce retirement today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Indian batsman VVS Laxman is contemplating retirement by the end of the India-New Zealand two-match Test series, according to reports.
Laxman, who made his Test debut in 1996 against South Africa, is hurt by reports suggesting that by continuing to play for India he is blocking the chances of youngsters.
As per reports, the 37-year-old was not even keen on playing the two Tests against New Zealand but then he seemed to have agreed to play in the two matches and then bid adieu on the advice of his well-wishers.
The stylish right-hander is expected to make a formal announcement on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list