VVS Laxman may announce retirement today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran Indian batsman VVS Laxman is contemplating retirement by the end of the India-New Zealand two-match Test series, according to reports.
Laxman, who made his Test debut in 1996 against South Africa, is hurt by reports suggesting that by continuing to play for India he is blocking the chances of youngsters.
As per reports, the 37-year-old was not even keen on playing the two Tests against New Zealand but then he seemed to have agreed to play in the two matches and then bid adieu on the advice of his well-wishers.
The stylish right-hander is expected to make a formal announcement on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony