WACA pitch will be a challenge for India batsmen: Collingwood
Perth: India`s struggling batsmen should brace up for a very tough battle if Australia decide to field an all-out pace attack on the dreaded WACA track during the third Test here, feels former England all-rounder Paul Collingwood.
Collingwood was of the view that if the Australian pace attack could topple a dominant England on a bouncy strip, then come Friday it would a big challenge for the visiting Indians.
The 35-year-old Englishman recalled how a four-man Australian pace attack demolished England on a bouncy Perth wicket last summer.
"It wasn`t pleasant against that four-man pace attack if I am entirely honest," said Collingwood, who retired after England`s 3-1 Ashes triumph last year.
"It is the fastest, most bouncy track in the world, whether you are out in the middle or practice nets.”
"Indian techniques don`t tend to be too good on bouncy tracks and Australia is exploiting that," he was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
With James Pattinson ruled out of the remaining two Tests against India due to a foot injury, paceman Ryan Harris is sure to make his return to the playing eleven.
Australia could also be tempted to replace an out-of-form off-spinner Nathan Lyon with left-arm pacer Mitchell Starc as the hosts head into the match with an unassailable 2-0 lead in the four-Test series.
"If you have guys bowling at 150km/h it can be a very hard place in the middle but I am sure Australia has its own idea how to go about things," said Collingwood, a veteran of 68 Test matches.
"Lyon has also done a very good job for them so far but it wasn`t that nice against four pacemen in the Ashes."