Wade may put Haddin’s berth in Oz squad on block
Melbourne: Australian wicketkeeper Matthew Wade could make it difficult for Brad Haddin to return to the Test squad if he shines on his Test debut against the West Indies in Barbados.
A strong display in the three-Test series could spell the end of Haddin`s impressive international career and lead to Wade`s dramatic rise as Australia`s No.1 keeper.
Wade said he is concentrating only on the three games.
"Every time you get a chance to show what you`ve got for Australia you`re trying to do your best. I`m just going to concentrate on these three games and look no further,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Wade, as saying.
"Hopefully, I do get the opportunity to play, and then, do well in these three games but if I look too far down the track, it won`t help me out at all,” he added.
Wade said his thoughts were with Haddin after the latter left the tour earlier this month for personal reasons.
"I feel for Brad that he`s had to go home and give up the opportunity to play for Australia. It`s got to be pretty serious to do that. It`s unfortunate and a sad situation,” he added.
Wade is likely to get some preparation for the Tests with Australia taking on a West Indies Cricket Board President`s XI at the 3Ws Oval in Bridgetown from April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest