Want to do well in T20 match keeping WorldT20 in mind: Mahela
Kandy: After 1-4 drubbing at the hands of Indian team, Mahela Jayawardene is hopeful that Sri Lanka will be able to turn the tables during the lone Twenty20 International to be played on Tuesday, keeping World T20 in mind.
"We hope to play well on Tuesday by doing things we have to do keeping in mind the T20 World Cup coming up," Jayawardene said at the pre-match press conference.
Jayawardene said the playing XI will be decided on the day of the match. The squad has additional medium-pacer Shaminda Eranga in the squad. The Sri Lankan captain said Sri Lanka would try to gain maximum from the limited resources available.
Defending the decision to include the middle-order batsman Chamara Kapugedara despite repeated failures, Jayawardene said some players needed to be persisted with despite poor runs in few games.
"We have to be patient with players - just because someone fared poorly in a few games it is not fare to ditch them. Chandimal (Dinesh) has failed a few times but we can`t afford to drop him at once. We have to be reasonable with players."
Sri Lanka and India are locked 2-2 in the head-to-head of T20 internationals played between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III