Waqar criticises Afridi`s performance in final ODI against SA
Islamabad: Former Pakistan captain and coach Waqar Younis has severely criticised all-rounder Shahid Afridi’s performance during the fifth and final one-day international against South Africa at Benoni on Sunday.
The former fast bowler said he was appalled at the way Afridi got out on Sunday against South Africa in the fifth ODI.
Afridi, who has stood out twice in the current series with blistering knocks of 34 and 88, was sacked as captain of the Pakistan ODI side in May 2011 after having a clash with Waqar, who was the coach on the tour to the West Indies.
Afridi had twice walked out of team meetings on that tour after differences cropped up between him and Waqar over team selection. After that incident, the team management had described Afridi as a disruptive force in the team.
Waqar, who was Pakistan`s coach in 2010-11 before ending his contract due to personal reasons, has been criticising Afridi during this series and had made no bones of the fact that he believes that the all-rounder should be dropped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company