Waqar, Sohail credits Coach & captain for Pak`s Test win
Karachi: Former captains Waqar Younis and Aamir Sohail have thrown their weight behind interim Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan and credited him and captain Misbah-ul-Haq for introducing a discipline regime and attitude in the Pakistan team.
Their comments come at a time when a debate is raging in Pakistan cricket circles on whether the Pakistan board should replace Mohsin after the England series with Australian Dav Whatmore.
"I think Mohsin Khan deserves lot of credit for the way the team has been performing in recent months. He has worked well with Misbah and brought discipline to the team and the board should take note of this," Waqar told Geo News channel.
The former fast bowler`s comments are likely to cause a stir as Mohsin replaced him as Pakistan team coach after he had resigned last September due to personal and health reasons.
Waqar said there was no doubt that Pakistan`s series win over England was a big achievement and their victory in the second test was commendable and highlighted the fighting spirit in the side.
"The pitch at Abu Dhabi was a very good test pitch and only really skillful batting could get you runs. I think our spinners were outstanding in both innings and they delivered at the right time," he said.
He pointed out that to him Saeed Ajmal`s performance was not a surprise at all as he had always threatened to be a top spinner but it was the way the unsung Abdul Rehman had put his hand up and delivered that pleased him.
Aamir Sohail also singled out Mohsin for praise saying since he became coach he had formed a good partnership with Misbah-ul-Haq and the result was the team was doing very well.
"This win over England it is one of the big achievements of our cricket. In the past we always had lot of talent in the team and individual match winners but this is perhaps the most disciplined Pakistan team I have seen," Sohail said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India