Waqar to coach Ruhuna province team in Sri Lankan Premier League
Karachi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Waqar Younis is amongst the coaching appointments for next month’s inaugural Sri Lankan Premier League.
Somerset Entertainment Ventures Ltd, who are sponsoring the tournament, confirmed his appointment saying, “Waqar (Younis) is one of six appointments that have been finalised regarding the coaching positions, with only Kandurata province yet to finalise who their coach will be. Waqar will be the head coach for the Ruhuna province team.”
Duleep Mendis will coach Basnahira and Naveed Nawaz will be head coach for Uva, according to a website.
Australia``s Shane Duff will be the head coach for Nagenahira, Tom Moody will coach Utuhura and Trevor Bayliss has been appointed as head coach for Wayamba."
Chris Gayle was the highest valued player at 100,000 USD with Pakistani all rounder Shahid Afridi second highest valued player at 50,000 USD.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 10th August with the final due to take place on 31st August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?