Waqar to coach Ruhuna province team in Sri Lankan Premier League
Karachi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Waqar Younis is amongst the coaching appointments for next month’s inaugural Sri Lankan Premier League.
Somerset Entertainment Ventures Ltd, who are sponsoring the tournament, confirmed his appointment saying, “Waqar (Younis) is one of six appointments that have been finalised regarding the coaching positions, with only Kandurata province yet to finalise who their coach will be. Waqar will be the head coach for the Ruhuna province team.”
Duleep Mendis will coach Basnahira and Naveed Nawaz will be head coach for Uva, according to a website.
Australia``s Shane Duff will be the head coach for Nagenahira, Tom Moody will coach Utuhura and Trevor Bayliss has been appointed as head coach for Wayamba."
Chris Gayle was the highest valued player at 100,000 USD with Pakistani all rounder Shahid Afridi second highest valued player at 50,000 USD.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 10th August with the final due to take place on 31st August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped