Waqar to coach Ruhuna province team in Sri Lankan Premier League
Karachi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Waqar Younis is amongst the coaching appointments for next month’s inaugural Sri Lankan Premier League.
Somerset Entertainment Ventures Ltd, who are sponsoring the tournament, confirmed his appointment saying, “Waqar (Younis) is one of six appointments that have been finalised regarding the coaching positions, with only Kandurata province yet to finalise who their coach will be. Waqar will be the head coach for the Ruhuna province team.”
Duleep Mendis will coach Basnahira and Naveed Nawaz will be head coach for Uva, according to a website.
Australia``s Shane Duff will be the head coach for Nagenahira, Tom Moody will coach Utuhura and Trevor Bayliss has been appointed as head coach for Wayamba."
Chris Gayle was the highest valued player at 100,000 USD with Pakistani all rounder Shahid Afridi second highest valued player at 50,000 USD.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 10th August with the final due to take place on 31st August.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan