Waqar to coach Ruhuna province team in Sri Lankan Premier League
Karachi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Waqar Younis is amongst the coaching appointments for next month’s inaugural Sri Lankan Premier League.
Somerset Entertainment Ventures Ltd, who are sponsoring the tournament, confirmed his appointment saying, “Waqar (Younis) is one of six appointments that have been finalised regarding the coaching positions, with only Kandurata province yet to finalise who their coach will be. Waqar will be the head coach for the Ruhuna province team.”
Duleep Mendis will coach Basnahira and Naveed Nawaz will be head coach for Uva, according to a website.
Australia``s Shane Duff will be the head coach for Nagenahira, Tom Moody will coach Utuhura and Trevor Bayliss has been appointed as head coach for Wayamba."
Chris Gayle was the highest valued player at 100,000 USD with Pakistani all rounder Shahid Afridi second highest valued player at 50,000 USD.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 10th August with the final due to take place on 31st August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video