Waqar Younis excited to work with Ishant Sharma in IPL
Islamabad: Pakistani pace great Waqar Younis, who has been appointed as a bowling consultant with Indian Premier League (IPL) franchisee Hyderabad Sunrisers, has said he is really excited to help team`s quicks especially Indian pace spearhead Ishant Sharma.
Waqar will be the second Pakistan bowling coach in the IPL, following the footsteps of his former new-ball partner Wasim Akram, who had performed the same role with defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders since 2010, but has taken a break this season.
Former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody, who is the Sunrisers` head coach, was active in hiring Waqar, who is based in Sydney.
Waqar said the IPL job would be a good challenge, and the former Pakistan coach has already set himself a goal i.e. working closely with the fast bowler Sharma
Waqar said he is going to go the way he goes about things, adding his stint with Sunrisers in IPL will be a good experience for him also to interact with a lot of fast bowlers.
Waqar added he is really excited to work with Sharma, adding he can be a better bowler than he is.
Dale Steyn, Clint McKay, Sudeep Tyagi are some of the other quick bowlers in the Sunrisers squad, who are bound to benefit from Waqar`s vast experience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price