Warne backs Australia to beat Proteas in Test series at home
Sydney: Former Australia leg spinner Warne has backed the home team to trounce the world’s number one Test team South Africa in their upcoming series, but only because they have the home team advantage.
The leg-spin legend said on Tuesday there is very little separating Australia, South Africa, England and India and perhaps Sri Lanka as well when they are playing at home.
“When you`re at home, you`re expected to win. There`s no real standout side for me. Anyone can beat anyone and when it``s at home, I would expect Australia to beat South Africa,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne, as saying.
“It will be a great contest - it will be the bowlers who are on display for both teams, they will really test the batsmen`s techniques. Young (James) Pattinson is really on fire here at the moment,” he added.
The three-Test series against South Africa starts on November 9 at the Gabba in Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details