Warne backs Australia to beat Proteas in Test series at home
Sydney: Former Australia leg spinner Warne has backed the home team to trounce the world’s number one Test team South Africa in their upcoming series, but only because they have the home team advantage.
The leg-spin legend said on Tuesday there is very little separating Australia, South Africa, England and India and perhaps Sri Lanka as well when they are playing at home.
“When you`re at home, you`re expected to win. There`s no real standout side for me. Anyone can beat anyone and when it``s at home, I would expect Australia to beat South Africa,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne, as saying.
“It will be a great contest - it will be the bowlers who are on display for both teams, they will really test the batsmen`s techniques. Young (James) Pattinson is really on fire here at the moment,” he added.
The three-Test series against South Africa starts on November 9 at the Gabba in Brisbane.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India