Warne in hot water again, reported for breach of CA rule
Melbourne: Days after he was banned for one game for clashing with Marlon Samuels, Australian spin legend Shane Warne was reported for breaching Cricket Australia`s Code of Behaviour during Big Bash semi-final at the WACA Ground in Perth.
In a statement, CA said Warne is alleged to have breached Rule 5: Laws of Cricket and Spirit of the Game.
Warne, the Melbourne Stars skipper, was not listed on the team sheet as captain and James Faulkner took his place and went out for toss with Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich for the semifinal match last night.
On December 5, Big Bash League teams were sent a Memo by Cricket Australia. Under the heading `Over Rates`, the Memo stated that "If a team`s official captain is selected but not named as captain, this will be considered against the Spirit of Cricket and may attract a Code of Behaviour charge."
Warne had previously been issued with one strike for a slow over rate violation, with a second strike this season resulting in an automatic one-match suspension.
The time and date of this latest hearing is yet to be determined.
Early this month, Warne was banned for one game following a fiery clash with Melbourne Renegades batsman Marlon Samuels in a Big Bash match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines