Warne in hot water again, reported for breach of CA rule
Melbourne: Days after he was banned for one game for clashing with Marlon Samuels, Australian spin legend Shane Warne was reported for breaching Cricket Australia`s Code of Behaviour during Big Bash semi-final at the WACA Ground in Perth.
In a statement, CA said Warne is alleged to have breached Rule 5: Laws of Cricket and Spirit of the Game.
Warne, the Melbourne Stars skipper, was not listed on the team sheet as captain and James Faulkner took his place and went out for toss with Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich for the semifinal match last night.
On December 5, Big Bash League teams were sent a Memo by Cricket Australia. Under the heading `Over Rates`, the Memo stated that "If a team`s official captain is selected but not named as captain, this will be considered against the Spirit of Cricket and may attract a Code of Behaviour charge."
Warne had previously been issued with one strike for a slow over rate violation, with a second strike this season resulting in an automatic one-match suspension.
The time and date of this latest hearing is yet to be determined.
Early this month, Warne was banned for one game following a fiery clash with Melbourne Renegades batsman Marlon Samuels in a Big Bash match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!