Warne ready to help Hauritz if Australian skipper wants
Melbourne: Australian legend Shane Warne has offered to lend a helping hand to save Nathan Hauritz’s Test career, and added that young leg-spinner Steve Smith is not close to being ready to play the Ashes.
Warne, who still regards Hauritz as Australia’s No.1 spinner, said that Australia must revert to an attacking mindset rather than defensive mode when Tests are up for grabs.
He said he is no messiah but he was there to help Hauritz if he can be of benefit.
“That’s up to Ricky Ponting and Tim Nielsen but if they are happy for me to work with Horry before the Ashes, then I’m more than happy to. I will make myself available and fit it into my schedule,” an Australian newspaper quoted Warne, as saying on Thursday.
“Murali, Daniel Vettori and myself and a lot of other spinners have been smashed in India at times. That is no disgrace at all.”
“How Horry bounces back in Australia this summer is the key. In my pinion Steve Smith is still a long way short of being Australia’s No.1 Test spinner.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family