Warne`s `manifesto` on Oz cricket turning into `reality`: Report
Sydney: The three-part essay on the state of Australian cricket released by Shane Warne seems to have turned into a reality, with many of the spin legend`s forecasts remarkably coming true, according to a report.
Although the `Warne manifesto` was mostly laughed off when its was initially released, with some of the more creative theories given little to no chance of actually coming to fruition, however, many of his forecasts have come true while others appear on the cusp of turning from pipe dreams into reality.
According to News.com.au, Warne came close when he mentioned that Darren Lehmann should be involved in the coaching setup even though he had picked former New Zealand coach Stephen Fleming as Mickey Arthur`s successor.
The 15-man one-day team named by Warne in the manifesto includes every player that featured in Australia`s most recent one-dayer, against England in January, except for spinner Xavier Doherty.
Although the current Australian selection panel is the same as the one in place when the manifesto was penned, with the exception of Michael Clarke who stood down as a selector, however, the report said that with John Inverarity mooted to step down in a few months Warne`s call for Rod Marsh to be chairman of selectors is likely to be heeded.
Warne had also put forward Mark Waugh`s name to be put on the selection panel, coming close with the current situation, where Waugh is heavily tipped to replace Inverarity on the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH