Warne to open spin bowling academy at new England home with fiancee Hurley
London: Australian spin legend Shane Warne is reportedly planning to launch a spin bowling academy at his new home in England with his fiancee Elizabeth Hurley.
The celebrity couple is having a house built in Gloucestershire, and Warne wants to have his own cricket pitch in the grounds, set to be installed at the back of his and Hurley`s new abode.
Warne, who has already worked with Cricket Australia in helping emerging talent in Melbourne, intends to welcome budding young English spin bowlers to learn from the best.
The former spin bowler, who now spends more time in England alongside actress Hurley, also intends to use his personal pitch to host charitable matches and to raise money for the Shane Warne Foundation.
A match earlier this year brought in 200,000 pounds for his fund and the Hop, Skip and Jump Foundation, which both support children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city