Warner believes ‘much vaunted’ England pacemen are ``gettable``
Sydney: Australian opener David Warner believes England’s celebrated bowling line-up is "gettable".
Speaking ahead of their second ODI at The Oval, Warner also suggested that the opposition pacers looked "tired" despite winning the series-opening game at Lord’s.
The 25-yr-old held England’s much-praised bowling unit in high regard but said they were vulnerable, arguing that Michael Clarke’s side could capitalise on what he saw as weaknesses towards the end of the innings.
“They are world-class bowlers. Their four pace bowlers are fantastic, and they bowl that line where it is hard to rotate strike and get boundaries,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warner, as saying.
“At the end there, I think their bowlers are pretty gettable. They didn’t execute their skills enough with the ``death`` bowling,” he added.
The opener’s half-century put Australia in a good position, with every chance to win on Friday, but they finally surrendered wickets at crucial times to fall short in their pursuit of 273.
A brash Warner, however, believes the visitors blew an ideal opportunity to take a surprise 1-0 series lead, which would have promptly hosed down talk about England staging a 5-0 whitewash, a result they need to wrestle the No.1 spot on the ODI rankings from Australia.
“If we had a batter set, one of the top four in there at the end, we could have quite comfortably won that with, I reckon, probably five overs to spare,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today