Warner believes ‘much vaunted’ England pacemen are ``gettable``
Sydney: Australian opener David Warner believes England’s celebrated bowling line-up is "gettable".
Speaking ahead of their second ODI at The Oval, Warner also suggested that the opposition pacers looked "tired" despite winning the series-opening game at Lord’s.
The 25-yr-old held England’s much-praised bowling unit in high regard but said they were vulnerable, arguing that Michael Clarke’s side could capitalise on what he saw as weaknesses towards the end of the innings.
“They are world-class bowlers. Their four pace bowlers are fantastic, and they bowl that line where it is hard to rotate strike and get boundaries,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warner, as saying.
“At the end there, I think their bowlers are pretty gettable. They didn’t execute their skills enough with the ``death`` bowling,” he added.
The opener’s half-century put Australia in a good position, with every chance to win on Friday, but they finally surrendered wickets at crucial times to fall short in their pursuit of 273.
A brash Warner, however, believes the visitors blew an ideal opportunity to take a surprise 1-0 series lead, which would have promptly hosed down talk about England staging a 5-0 whitewash, a result they need to wrestle the No.1 spot on the ODI rankings from Australia.
“If we had a batter set, one of the top four in there at the end, we could have quite comfortably won that with, I reckon, probably five overs to spare,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know