Warner credits Greg Chappell for CLT20 success
Sydney: Australia`s Twenty20 expert David Warner has credited former chairman of selectors Greg Chappell for his recent success in Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) and said he is now targeting a Test debut next year.
Warner had an incredible run-scoring feast during the CLT20 with New South Wales (NSW), scoring 258 from 137 balls in his final two matches.
The 24-year-old left-hander feels Chappell, a former Australian skipper, was instrumental in improving his batting technique.
"Chappell has been wonderful in the way he has guided me through with my batting in the last few months. I think he is a great cricketer and I`ve learnt a lot from him," Warner said.
Warner, who is the first player to score back-to-back centuries in the game`s shortest form, is now seriously developing himself for the longer format.
"I started my career with T20 and it has helped me develop as a player," Warner.
"However, my goal is to make my Test debut next year. T20 is a great forum to score runs and a stepping stone to ODIs and Tests. It`s important that a player is not hemmed in by one particular format."
Warner is now in South Africa, where he will be part of Australia`s squad for the 50-over and Twenty20 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi