Warner credits Greg Chappell for CLT20 success
Sydney: Australia`s Twenty20 expert David Warner has credited former chairman of selectors Greg Chappell for his recent success in Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) and said he is now targeting a Test debut next year.
Warner had an incredible run-scoring feast during the CLT20 with New South Wales (NSW), scoring 258 from 137 balls in his final two matches.
The 24-year-old left-hander feels Chappell, a former Australian skipper, was instrumental in improving his batting technique.
"Chappell has been wonderful in the way he has guided me through with my batting in the last few months. I think he is a great cricketer and I`ve learnt a lot from him," Warner said.
Warner, who is the first player to score back-to-back centuries in the game`s shortest form, is now seriously developing himself for the longer format.
"I started my career with T20 and it has helped me develop as a player," Warner.
"However, my goal is to make my Test debut next year. T20 is a great forum to score runs and a stepping stone to ODIs and Tests. It`s important that a player is not hemmed in by one particular format."
Warner is now in South Africa, where he will be part of Australia`s squad for the 50-over and Twenty20 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25