Warner doubtful for India tour with a fractured thumb
Zeenews Sports Bureau
In what could be a major setback for the Aussies ahead of the India tour, left-handed explosive opener David Warner was struck on the thumb by paceman Mitchell Johnson while training on Wednesday.
Warner was immediately sent for precautionary scans which revealed a fracture in his thumb.
The injury has clearly ruled him out of the upcoming five-match series against the West Indies. Warner will now be replaced by Usman Khawaja, who will join the squad before the first match of the series on Friday.
The injury could also rule Warner out of the four-Test tour of India, which starts on February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him