Warner doubtful for India tour with a fractured thumb
Zeenews Sports Bureau
In what could be a major setback for the Aussies ahead of the India tour, left-handed explosive opener David Warner was struck on the thumb by paceman Mitchell Johnson while training on Wednesday.
Warner was immediately sent for precautionary scans which revealed a fracture in his thumb.
The injury has clearly ruled him out of the upcoming five-match series against the West Indies. Warner will now be replaced by Usman Khawaja, who will join the squad before the first match of the series on Friday.
The injury could also rule Warner out of the four-Test tour of India, which starts on February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting