Warner hearing set for Wednesday
Melbourne: After being reported for his twitter outbursts against two scribes, David Warner will face a Cricket Australia Code of Behaviour hearing on Wednesday.
CA announced that the hearing will be held via teleconference and will be presided over by senior Code of Behaviour commissioner, Gordon Lewis.
Warner is facing a CA enquiry after attacking two noted Australian cricket writers on his twitter page.
Robert Craddock wrote a critical article on Indian Premier League, following the spot-fixing scandal that shook the cricket world and in response to that Warner, who plays for Delhi Dardevils, launched a series of abusive tweets.
The explosive series of tweets was noted by the Australian cricket board and it had issued a statement that it would investigate the matter.
Warner is alleged to have breached rule 6, regarding "unbecoming behaviour".
The rule stipulates that "players and officials must not at any time engage in behaviour unbecoming to a representative player or official that could (a) bring them or the game of cricket into disrepute or (b) be harmful to the interests of cricket...This rule applies at all times where the unbecoming behaviour involves the player being involved in public comment or comment to or in the media."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested