Warner likely to be rested for Sri Lanka match
Perth: In-form Australian batsman David Warner is likely to be rested for Friday`s tri-series cricket match here against Sri Lanka, which could pave the way for Queenslander Peter Forrest making his international debut.
Such has been Warner`s rise that he was not in the one-day team a few months ago, but now there is fear he might burn out.
Either Warner, Ricky Ponting or David Hussey will make way for Forrest to play in the match against Sri Lanka, according to `Courier Mail`.
The selectors are keen to see Forrest, 26, after an impressive summer for Queensland.
On the other hand, Warner is now the only cricketer in the country playing all three forms of the game in the national team.
He played six Tests against New Zealand and India, scoring two centuries, and was part of both Twenty20 matches last week against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'