Warner likely to be rested for Sri Lanka match
Perth: In-form Australian batsman David Warner is likely to be rested for Friday`s tri-series cricket match here against Sri Lanka, which could pave the way for Queenslander Peter Forrest making his international debut.
Such has been Warner`s rise that he was not in the one-day team a few months ago, but now there is fear he might burn out.
Either Warner, Ricky Ponting or David Hussey will make way for Forrest to play in the match against Sri Lanka, according to `Courier Mail`.
The selectors are keen to see Forrest, 26, after an impressive summer for Queensland.
On the other hand, Warner is now the only cricketer in the country playing all three forms of the game in the national team.
He played six Tests against New Zealand and India, scoring two centuries, and was part of both Twenty20 matches last week against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress