Warner most sought after player in Big Bash
Melbourne: Denied a central contract by Cricket Australia (CA), David Warner has emerged as the most sought after player for the newly-expanded Twenty20 Big Bash.
A daily reported that Sydney Thunder are in hot pursuit of the opener from New South Wales.
With each Big Bash team having a $1 million salary cap for 18 players, Warner can expect to earn a tidy six-figure sum, although it is likely to be half the excessive $250,000 demanded by West Indian Chris Gayle. Warner was bought by Delhi Daredevils for $700,000 earlier this year.
"I`m going to play it by ear. I`ll get a feel of where other players are going," Warner was quoted as saying by the daily.
Warner said like IPL, Big Bash will also be a huge tournament for young talents.
"From there obviously it set my career up. It gives you an opportunity to expose yourself in the same way this Big Bash competition will do to the younger guys coming through."
Warner said he never set out to be an entertainer. "It`s just the way I play," he said. "I wanted to hit the ball harder and further."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor