Warner most sought after player in Big Bash
Melbourne: Denied a central contract by Cricket Australia (CA), David Warner has emerged as the most sought after player for the newly-expanded Twenty20 Big Bash.
A daily reported that Sydney Thunder are in hot pursuit of the opener from New South Wales.
With each Big Bash team having a $1 million salary cap for 18 players, Warner can expect to earn a tidy six-figure sum, although it is likely to be half the excessive $250,000 demanded by West Indian Chris Gayle. Warner was bought by Delhi Daredevils for $700,000 earlier this year.
"I`m going to play it by ear. I`ll get a feel of where other players are going," Warner was quoted as saying by the daily.
Warner said like IPL, Big Bash will also be a huge tournament for young talents.
"From there obviously it set my career up. It gives you an opportunity to expose yourself in the same way this Big Bash competition will do to the younger guys coming through."
Warner said he never set out to be an entertainer. "It`s just the way I play," he said. "I wanted to hit the ball harder and further."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?