Warner not thinking about captaincy as of now
Sydney: Australian vice captain David Warner has no qualms playing under Ricky Ponting and says he is enjoying the role he has been assigned at the moment.
There has been a debate after Ponting, instead of Warner, was handed captaincy for Friday`s tr-series game against Sri Lanka.
"I already knew being under Michael Clarke I was getting some experience for future years and will hopefully lead the country one day,” Warner said.
"I`m thoroughly enjoying that role behind Michael there and obviously appointing Ricky (Ponting) as captain is due to his experience and an opportunity for me to be under him as well.
"He`s led the country for many years and I`m looking forward to being his vice captain," he was quoted as saying by the `Daily Telegraph`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?