Warner not thinking about captaincy as of now
Sydney: Australian vice captain David Warner has no qualms playing under Ricky Ponting and says he is enjoying the role he has been assigned at the moment.
There has been a debate after Ponting, instead of Warner, was handed captaincy for Friday`s tr-series game against Sri Lanka.
"I already knew being under Michael Clarke I was getting some experience for future years and will hopefully lead the country one day,” Warner said.
"I`m thoroughly enjoying that role behind Michael there and obviously appointing Ricky (Ponting) as captain is due to his experience and an opportunity for me to be under him as well.
"He`s led the country for many years and I`m looking forward to being his vice captain," he was quoted as saying by the `Daily Telegraph`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on