Warner poised to make Test debut against New Zealand
Sydney: Australian batsman David Warner is poised to debut in the first Test against New Zealand next week if Shane Watson and Shaun Marsh fail to recover from injury.
Warner was placed on standby for Australia’s recent tours against Sri Lanka and South Africa.
If selected, the 25-year-old would partner Phillip Hughes at the top of the order.
Usman Khawaja, coming off a career-best Test score in the second Test against South Africa earlier this week, is likely to retain the No.3 spot
Captain Michael Clarke has already urged his fellow selectors to be cautious while dealing with Watson.
“In a perfect world, as we’ve seen in the last six months, his bowling is crucial to our team. I think we’ve got to make a smart decision, no doubt,” he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan