Warner poised to make Test debut against New Zealand
Sydney: Australian batsman David Warner is poised to debut in the first Test against New Zealand next week if Shane Watson and Shaun Marsh fail to recover from injury.
Warner was placed on standby for Australia’s recent tours against Sri Lanka and South Africa.
If selected, the 25-year-old would partner Phillip Hughes at the top of the order.
Usman Khawaja, coming off a career-best Test score in the second Test against South Africa earlier this week, is likely to retain the No.3 spot
Captain Michael Clarke has already urged his fellow selectors to be cautious while dealing with Watson.
“In a perfect world, as we’ve seen in the last six months, his bowling is crucial to our team. I think we’ve got to make a smart decision, no doubt,” he had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan