Warner praises Kotla curators for Delhi`s maiden home win
New Delhi: Delhi Daredevils` opener David Warner lauded the curators for the home team`s maiden win in the Indian Premier League (IPL) at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Saturday night.
Put in on a green top, man of the match Warner and skipper Virender Sehwag hit identical 77s and set the base of the mammoth 231 for four with their 146-run stand.
Warner said it was a "fantastic effort" by the curators to change the nature of the pitch in a short time. The Kotla wicket was criticised by Sehwag after the Daredevils suffered their second consecutive loss on the adjacent slow track here Tuesday.
"It was a fantastic effort by the curators," said Warner.
"When we had a training session during the week, our coach (Greg Shipperd) wanted to check the bounce on the main wicket. The ball didn`t bounce at that time. So considering that it is a great work by the curators," he said.
Warner said not losing wickets during the first six overs was the key behind the Daredevils` 231, which was the highest total this season.
"We did not lose the wickets in the first six overs and for me that was the key. I am confident if we are able to do that (good start) consistently in the tournament, we will win more matches."
On his 48-ball knock, he added: "I played my usual game and it paid off. I hope I could do that in all matches. The wicket also helped a bit in my strokeplay."
Sehwag also praised the wicket.
"It was good to bat on, the ball comes nicely on to the bat. It is hard on the bowlers, Twnety20 is like that," he said.
The skipper praised his fast bowlers and was impressed by debutant Varun Aaron.
"We have plenty of good fast bowlers, and we rotated them well. Aaron is exceptional, he`s bowls good yorkers too," said Sehwag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery