Warner praises Kotla curators for Delhi`s maiden home win
New Delhi: Delhi Daredevils` opener David Warner lauded the curators for the home team`s maiden win in the Indian Premier League (IPL) at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Saturday night.
Put in on a green top, man of the match Warner and skipper Virender Sehwag hit identical 77s and set the base of the mammoth 231 for four with their 146-run stand.
Warner said it was a "fantastic effort" by the curators to change the nature of the pitch in a short time. The Kotla wicket was criticised by Sehwag after the Daredevils suffered their second consecutive loss on the adjacent slow track here Tuesday.
"It was a fantastic effort by the curators," said Warner.
"When we had a training session during the week, our coach (Greg Shipperd) wanted to check the bounce on the main wicket. The ball didn`t bounce at that time. So considering that it is a great work by the curators," he said.
Warner said not losing wickets during the first six overs was the key behind the Daredevils` 231, which was the highest total this season.
"We did not lose the wickets in the first six overs and for me that was the key. I am confident if we are able to do that (good start) consistently in the tournament, we will win more matches."
On his 48-ball knock, he added: "I played my usual game and it paid off. I hope I could do that in all matches. The wicket also helped a bit in my strokeplay."
Sehwag also praised the wicket.
"It was good to bat on, the ball comes nicely on to the bat. It is hard on the bowlers, Twnety20 is like that," he said.
The skipper praised his fast bowlers and was impressed by debutant Varun Aaron.
"We have plenty of good fast bowlers, and we rotated them well. Aaron is exceptional, he`s bowls good yorkers too," said Sehwag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter