Warner reported for beaching Code of Behaviour
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Sunday said David Warner has been reported for breaching their Code of Behaviour.
Warner is alleged to have breached Rule 6 which is ‘Unbecoming behaviour, regarding comments posted on his twitter account’.
The rule states that ‘players and officials must not at any time engage in behaviour unbecoming to a representative player or official that could (a) bring them or the game of cricket into disrepute or (b) be harmful to the interests of cricket. This rule applies at all times where the behaviour involves the player being involved in public comment or comment to or in the media.’
The time and date of the hearing will be determined by CA Monday.
The opening batsman, currently playing for the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL), reacted to a couple of journalists who were critical of the IPL.
Warner called the journalists names in a series of tweets Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Egypt regime 'at war' with the press: Media union
- Arizona teen charged for exposing self in school photo
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out