Warner reported for beaching Code of Behaviour
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Sunday said David Warner has been reported for breaching their Code of Behaviour.
Warner is alleged to have breached Rule 6 which is ‘Unbecoming behaviour, regarding comments posted on his twitter account’.
The rule states that ‘players and officials must not at any time engage in behaviour unbecoming to a representative player or official that could (a) bring them or the game of cricket into disrepute or (b) be harmful to the interests of cricket. This rule applies at all times where the behaviour involves the player being involved in public comment or comment to or in the media.’
The time and date of the hearing will be determined by CA Monday.
The opening batsman, currently playing for the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL), reacted to a couple of journalists who were critical of the IPL.
Warner called the journalists names in a series of tweets Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands