Warnie and Liz loving Indian food
Chandigarh: The romantically-linked couple of Australian spin legend Shane Warne and British model-actress Elizabeth Hurley are gorging on Indian food at the government-run five-star hotel here.
The 41-year-old Warne, who is captaining IPL side Rajasthan Royals, along with his son Jackson and Hurley arrived here last evening.
Hurley was also present during the Indian Premier League match between Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore on April 19, which had to be abandoned due to rain.
"Warne and Hurley are enjoying the Indian food. We served them Murg Tikka Labadar, chicken sizzlers and club sandwich," Hotel Mountview`s Corporate Executive Chef Vijay Sharma said.
He said that Warne and the 45-year-old actress were not "heavy eaters" and avoid deep fried food.
Warne`s Australian compatriots and KXIP skipper Adam Gilchrist are also loving the Indian food, with butter naan, tikka labadar, Indian curries in high demand, Sharma said. He said for the breakfast, fruits, cereals, eggs and sandwiches were sought after.
Warne had been miffed with reports that he has undergone a facelift or used Botox, tweeting recently that he is looking younger because of a new moisturiser, healthy eating and exercise.
"So glad the Estee Lauder Resilience Lift moisturiser is working & everyone thinks you`ve had a face lift...," Hurley wrote on her twitter page today.
Meanwhile, shutterbugs were not allowed to come anywhere close to Hurley and were politely told by the security that they could not take pictures at the hotel.
"I had clicked a picture of Hurley, but security personnel deleted them," a photo journalist claimed. Yesterday too, after her arrival at Chandigarh airport, Hurley tried to avoid the shutter bugs eager to click her picture and she even tried to cover her face with her hair.
Hurley had earlier wed Indian business tycoon Arun Nayar in 2007. She was spotted with Warne`s son on Tuesday in the stands of M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?