Warnie’s `N-word` tweet sparks race row
London: Shane Warne has got embroiled in race row storm over a “joke” he tweeted involving the N-word.
The 42-year-old former Australian cricketer sparked outrage when he told his followers to rearrange certain words including “Nggeri”.
He laughed that it should have spelled out “ginger” but was blasted by fans who branded him racist, while one threatened to report him.
Warne urged his 835,000 fans to retweet the bad taste gag, but many thought the tweet to be offensive.
“Sorry but seriously that was wrong. Not funny on any level,” the Sun quoted User Mrs MDS as tweeting.
“Have just had to unfollow @warne888 due to one of his tweets,” she tweeted.
“Shane Warne should stop now,” Daniel Colasimone said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal