Warnie’s `N-word` tweet sparks race row
London: Shane Warne has got embroiled in race row storm over a “joke” he tweeted involving the N-word.
The 42-year-old former Australian cricketer sparked outrage when he told his followers to rearrange certain words including “Nggeri”.
He laughed that it should have spelled out “ginger” but was blasted by fans who branded him racist, while one threatened to report him.
Warne urged his 835,000 fans to retweet the bad taste gag, but many thought the tweet to be offensive.
“Sorry but seriously that was wrong. Not funny on any level,” the Sun quoted User Mrs MDS as tweeting.
“Have just had to unfollow @warne888 due to one of his tweets,” she tweeted.
“Shane Warne should stop now,” Daniel Colasimone said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details