Wasim Akram lashes out at Pak batsmen
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain, Wasim Akram on Tuesday lashed out at the national team for its poor batting display in the third and final Twenty20 international against Australia at Dubai Stadium here.
Chasing a daunting 169-run target, Pakistan were all out for 74 for their biggest defeat in the history of the shortest form of the game.
"What saddens me is that nothing appears to have changed in Pakistan cricket. The team tempo and mantra is exactly the same it was 10 years ago," Wasim said on Geo News channel.
"Ten years back also, we played in the same way and we are still doing it. After winning the T20 series, the players just did not appear to be motivated or have the energy to win the final match and complete a clean sweep of the series which is the hallmark of a top team," he said.
Wasim noted the Pakistani players appeared lax and slow in the final match.
"No player appeared to be working hard to win the third match. Look, if our batsmen can`t learn from their mistakes and play consistency, when will they going to do this. The batting was very disappointing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details