Wasim Akram lashes out at Pak batsmen
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain, Wasim Akram on Tuesday lashed out at the national team for its poor batting display in the third and final Twenty20 international against Australia at Dubai Stadium here.
Chasing a daunting 169-run target, Pakistan were all out for 74 for their biggest defeat in the history of the shortest form of the game.
"What saddens me is that nothing appears to have changed in Pakistan cricket. The team tempo and mantra is exactly the same it was 10 years ago," Wasim said on Geo News channel.
"Ten years back also, we played in the same way and we are still doing it. After winning the T20 series, the players just did not appear to be motivated or have the energy to win the final match and complete a clean sweep of the series which is the hallmark of a top team," he said.
Wasim noted the Pakistani players appeared lax and slow in the final match.
"No player appeared to be working hard to win the third match. Look, if our batsmen can`t learn from their mistakes and play consistency, when will they going to do this. The batting was very disappointing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened