Wasim Akram unaware of PCB's ''mentoring young players'' offer
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) which recently announced the appointment of Wasim Akram as a mentor to emerging players during a camp scheduled to start this week, is yet to contact the former captain to seek his availability for the event.
PCB Director Intikhab Alam, who also heads the National Cricket Academy (NCA), had announced that the board wanted the legendary left-arm pacer to mentor young talent in the camp that begins on June 20, reports The Express Tribune.
"We hope Wasim will take out some time to mentor the talent as his experience will be very helpful," Alam had said.
However, the former fast-bowler, who is currently in the UK, was unaware of the PCB``s plans.
"I have no idea as no one has contacted me from the PCB yet. I’m ready if properly invited. I’d love to work with young talent. I think I can be really helpful but the PCB has to ask me first so that I can work around my schedule" Wasim said.
The 46-year-old has been unable to offer his services to Pakistan in recent times, apparently due to disagreements with the board, although he has supervised a couple of short camps for fast-bowlers in the past, states the paper.
While PCB officials state that Akram``s busy schedule as a commentator, host and consultant in the IPL have proved to be a hindrance for the board in utilising his services, Wasim has repeatedly said that he would love to work with Pakistan players provided the board extends a proper invitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked