Watling ruled out of Headingley Test with knee injury
Sydney: New Zealand wicketkeeper BJ Watling has been ruled out of the second and final Test against England at Headingley starting from Friday because of a knee injury.
Watling injured his knee during New Zealand`s 170-run first Test defeat at Lord`s last week.
Following Watling`s injury, Black Caps captain Brendon McCullum, who deputised behind the stumps at Lord`s, will keep at Headingley with Martin Guptill coming into the team to bat at number six.
Meanwhile, the report said that former captain Daniel Vettori may play at the Headingley Test after fellow left-arm spinner Bruce Martin was ruled out of the rest of the tour with a calf injury suffered at Lord`s.
Vettori, named in New Zealand`s squad for the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy, has been out of Test action for almost a year because of a hamstring injury, and a statement said that he would be `assessed` after Thursday`s training as to whether he can be considered for the match or not.
The only other bowling option open to New Zealand is seamer Doug Bracewell, who was left out of the first Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical