Watson in line to get picked for Adelaide Test
Sydney: Australia vice-captain Shane Watson is in line to get selected for the second Test match against South Africa in Adelaide subject to fitness when the team is announced on Friday morning.
Watson has begun batting again and running but will not bowl until tomorrow or Friday following a calf twinge that kept him out of the first Test, News.com.au reports.
Watson’s progress has been described as encouraging but there is no desperation to choose the talented all-rounder given Australia had the better of the first Test in Brisbane and the bowlers have more than a week to recover, the paper added.
The second Test does not begin until tomorrow week, something Michael Clarke will be grateful for given he batted for almost 10 hours over two days and spent the best part of three more in the field, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives
- Indian tablet market grew 14.4% in Q2 2016; Datawind continues domination
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read
- HILARIOUS! Indian Twitter roasts Sanjay Manjrekar for siding with Piers Morgan