Watson in line to get picked for Adelaide Test
Sydney: Australia vice-captain Shane Watson is in line to get selected for the second Test match against South Africa in Adelaide subject to fitness when the team is announced on Friday morning.
Watson has begun batting again and running but will not bowl until tomorrow or Friday following a calf twinge that kept him out of the first Test, News.com.au reports.
Watson’s progress has been described as encouraging but there is no desperation to choose the talented all-rounder given Australia had the better of the first Test in Brisbane and the bowlers have more than a week to recover, the paper added.
The second Test does not begin until tomorrow week, something Michael Clarke will be grateful for given he batted for almost 10 hours over two days and spent the best part of three more in the field, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test