Watson in line to get picked for Adelaide Test
Sydney: Australia vice-captain Shane Watson is in line to get selected for the second Test match against South Africa in Adelaide subject to fitness when the team is announced on Friday morning.
Watson has begun batting again and running but will not bowl until tomorrow or Friday following a calf twinge that kept him out of the first Test, News.com.au reports.
Watson’s progress has been described as encouraging but there is no desperation to choose the talented all-rounder given Australia had the better of the first Test in Brisbane and the bowlers have more than a week to recover, the paper added.
The second Test does not begin until tomorrow week, something Michael Clarke will be grateful for given he batted for almost 10 hours over two days and spent the best part of three more in the field, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections