Watson in line to get picked for Adelaide Test
Sydney: Australia vice-captain Shane Watson is in line to get selected for the second Test match against South Africa in Adelaide subject to fitness when the team is announced on Friday morning.
Watson has begun batting again and running but will not bowl until tomorrow or Friday following a calf twinge that kept him out of the first Test, News.com.au reports.
Watson’s progress has been described as encouraging but there is no desperation to choose the talented all-rounder given Australia had the better of the first Test in Brisbane and the bowlers have more than a week to recover, the paper added.
The second Test does not begin until tomorrow week, something Michael Clarke will be grateful for given he batted for almost 10 hours over two days and spent the best part of three more in the field, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan