Watson says fatherhood helped him brush off past incidents
Sydney: Former Australian vice-captain Shane Watson said that being a father helped him move on from the fractured relationships in the team, the infamous `homework-gate` incident and a public denouncement that he was not always a team man.
According to Watson, as soon as he held his newborn son, Will, in his arms, his mind cleared of all the past troubles and helped him focus more on his future, adding that having children is one of the most beautiful things into the world.
Watson further said that he has now got more important things to worry about, adding that he is now free to focus on his new family as he has lost the burden of being a vice captain and the previous other worries which were dogging his career.
Watson also said he counted his blessings for being with his wife Lee when his son was born, adding that it was strange that he got to see his wife deliver his son just because he got an one-Test suspension for not doing his `homework` in India.
According to the report, being a night owl, Watson was up to prepare Will for feeding, adding that he cherished every moment of it, be it bathing him, dressing him, or just walking along the Cronulla foreshore as a family.
Admitting to feeling a sense of freedom, Watson said that the shackles of the past troubles have come off him, adding that he will spend his free time to give back to the people who have been supportive to him throughout his life and career.
Watson, as a team leader, was criticised by Arthur, Cricket Australia high-performance manager Pat Howard and captain Michael Clarke as he returned home to a blaze of publicity to be there for the birth of Will.
He has been forced to defend his relationship with Clarke, insisting their leadership was not dysfunctional.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees