Watson says fatherhood helped him brush off past incidents
Sydney: Former Australian vice-captain Shane Watson said that being a father helped him move on from the fractured relationships in the team, the infamous `homework-gate` incident and a public denouncement that he was not always a team man.
According to Watson, as soon as he held his newborn son, Will, in his arms, his mind cleared of all the past troubles and helped him focus more on his future, adding that having children is one of the most beautiful things into the world.
Watson further said that he has now got more important things to worry about, adding that he is now free to focus on his new family as he has lost the burden of being a vice captain and the previous other worries which were dogging his career.
Watson also said he counted his blessings for being with his wife Lee when his son was born, adding that it was strange that he got to see his wife deliver his son just because he got an one-Test suspension for not doing his `homework` in India.
According to the report, being a night owl, Watson was up to prepare Will for feeding, adding that he cherished every moment of it, be it bathing him, dressing him, or just walking along the Cronulla foreshore as a family.
Admitting to feeling a sense of freedom, Watson said that the shackles of the past troubles have come off him, adding that he will spend his free time to give back to the people who have been supportive to him throughout his life and career.
Watson, as a team leader, was criticised by Arthur, Cricket Australia high-performance manager Pat Howard and captain Michael Clarke as he returned home to a blaze of publicity to be there for the birth of Will.
He has been forced to defend his relationship with Clarke, insisting their leadership was not dysfunctional.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Rupee snaps 9-day slide, rebounds 42 paise to 67.33 Vs USD
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Foreign investors bullish on equity, cautious on debt: DBS
- Shocking! Death-defying train stunt performed by youngsters in Mumbai - Watch video
- Shooter Heena Sidhu misses out on final berth