Watson says needs to `make difference` with bat during winter Ashes
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson has he needs to be a batsman that `makes a difference` during the winter Ashes series.
Although Watson scored a muscular 176 in the last Test at the Oval, two years and 48 innings after his previous hundred to overcome his LBW issues and gave him confidence for the re-match with England`s bowlers in Australia in the Ashes, he is aware that it came too late to make a real difference to the team.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Watson said that it is important for the team`s batsmen, especially him, to make a difference in the coming series as the hundred he got in the final summer Ashes Test at the Oval is insignificant given that the series was over.
Watson further said that he needs to follow on from the confidence he got in the final Test match and put in the performances required for them to win this Ashes series at home in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000