Watson says needs to `make difference` with bat during winter Ashes
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson has he needs to be a batsman that `makes a difference` during the winter Ashes series.
Although Watson scored a muscular 176 in the last Test at the Oval, two years and 48 innings after his previous hundred to overcome his LBW issues and gave him confidence for the re-match with England`s bowlers in Australia in the Ashes, he is aware that it came too late to make a real difference to the team.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Watson said that it is important for the team`s batsmen, especially him, to make a difference in the coming series as the hundred he got in the final summer Ashes Test at the Oval is insignificant given that the series was over.
Watson further said that he needs to follow on from the confidence he got in the final Test match and put in the performances required for them to win this Ashes series at home in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China