Watson says Oz happy after ODI series win
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson has insisted that his side is more happier now ahead of the upcoming tour to India and a home Ashes series following their one-day international series win against England.
Watson hit 143 from 107 balls with 12 fours and six sixes, passing 5,000 one-day runs in the process and Michael Clarke made 75 as the pair shared a partnership of 163 for the fourth wicket during their side`s win against the hosts at Southampton in the fifth ODI.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Watson, who made his eight one-day century in the match, dismissed reports of discontent in the camp, saying that Australia is a much happier side than before and predicted a bright future for the cricket under new coach Darren Lehmann.
Stating that his side was aware that it was crucial that they win the game and come away with a series victory, Watson also said that they did not have much success on this tour so far, adding that every player is now enjoying himself unlike the beginning of the tour.
Watson further said that they wanted to change things in a big way and be more consistent, adding that every player is excited following their win.
Watson`s century was the decisive factor as Australia won their first trophy of an English summer in which they have contested the Champions Trophy, the Ashes and this five-match series, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore