Watson seeks Kallis help to master all-rounder’s workload skills
Sydney: Shane Watson has sounded out South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis to help him master the dual pressures of performing with bat and ball. Watson met with Kallis during the recent Test series against the Proteas to glean valuable insights into how the South African handles the physical and mental toll associated with the dual role.
“I`ve been lucky enough to have a chat to Jacques in recent times about how he`s been able to manage his workload,” News.com.au quoted Watson, as saying. According to the paper, while the Australian has battled many injuries throughout his career, he has now come under pressure to give up bowling in a bid to extend his shelf-life as an international cricketer.
However, the Test vice-captain is determined to extract the best of himself as an all-rounder and believes Kallis can help him do it. “I`m certainly not comparing myself to him in any way, but it`s more so being an all-rounder. It`s one thing we do have in common and it`s interesting to see how he gets the best out himself as an all-rounder for South Africa for such a long time,” Watson said.
“Jacques has always been unbelievably supportive of any all-rounder trying to ply what is a difficult trade. Mickey knows him well so I``m able to get a heads up about how he goes about his business,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad