Watson seeks Kallis help to master all-rounder’s workload skills
Sydney: Shane Watson has sounded out South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis to help him master the dual pressures of performing with bat and ball. Watson met with Kallis during the recent Test series against the Proteas to glean valuable insights into how the South African handles the physical and mental toll associated with the dual role.
“I`ve been lucky enough to have a chat to Jacques in recent times about how he`s been able to manage his workload,” News.com.au quoted Watson, as saying. According to the paper, while the Australian has battled many injuries throughout his career, he has now come under pressure to give up bowling in a bid to extend his shelf-life as an international cricketer.
However, the Test vice-captain is determined to extract the best of himself as an all-rounder and believes Kallis can help him do it. “I`m certainly not comparing myself to him in any way, but it`s more so being an all-rounder. It`s one thing we do have in common and it`s interesting to see how he gets the best out himself as an all-rounder for South Africa for such a long time,” Watson said.
“Jacques has always been unbelievably supportive of any all-rounder trying to ply what is a difficult trade. Mickey knows him well so I``m able to get a heads up about how he goes about his business,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog