Watson sustains calf injury
Melbourne: Australia cricketer Shane Watson sustained a left calf injury Thursday during the Boxing Day Test match against Sri Lanka here at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Cricket Australia physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said in a release: "Shane sustained a left calf injury while bowling on day one of the Boxing Day Test. He was able to bat today and is likely to field on day three.
"Whether he bowls in the second innings will be determined closer to the bowling innings. A decision on his availability for the New Year Test will be made after the completion of the current match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah