WC approves five-point proposal to curb corruption in CLT20
Kolkata: The working committee of the BCCI today approved its interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya`s five-point proposal to curb corruption in the upcoming Champions League T20 which will be held across Indian cities from September 17.
The suggestions given by Dalmiya, which were accepted unanimously by the working committee, are originally a part of the veteran administrator`s 12-point agenda named "Operation Clean-Up" in order to curb corruption in the Indian Premier League after S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan were arrested on charges of spot-fixing.
The first point in the proposal is appointment of an Anti-Corruption and Security Unit official along with dedicated security staff for each team.
Secondly, restriction in the movement around the dug-out and Match Officials` area along with enforcement of strict `Code of Conduct`.
The third and the most significant proposal, which the players would have to adhere to, is pertaining to accepting gifts from people.
It states: "The Players/Support Staff/Match officials shall not accept any gifts during the course of the tournament. They should disclose the value of the gifts that they have received 15 days prior to the commencement of the tournament and also the person from whom they received the gift."
The fourth point in the agenda instructs the players as well as support staff to disclose their mobile numbers which will be in use and all calls coming through the hotel exchange will have to be cleared by the team manager.
The final suggestion in the five-point agenda is about ACSU officials seeking help from the local police authorities as and when required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof