WC Qualifiers: Namibia, Canada record vital wins
Pretoria, April 11: Namibia registered its first points of the Super Eight stage with a convincing victory over the United Arab Emirates and Canada did not seem to miss its injured inspirational all-rounder John Davison too much as it brushed past the challenge of Kenya by seven wickets at Benoni.
The outcome of these results is that the competition is now wide open with two teams on six points, four on four points and two on two points. With three rounds of matches left, there is still no telling which four teams will join the 10 Full Members at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
Meanwhile in Potchefstroom, four sides are battling it out for ninth to 12th place in the tournament. This contest is significant as the bottom two sides will be relegated to Division 3 of the Pepsi ICC World Cricket League while the top two retain spots in Division 2 along with the extra ICC funding that entails.
Bermuda overcame the challenge of Oman at Potchefstroom University despite the men from the Arabian Gulf registering a competitive first-innings score of 254. A century from David Hemp and 91 from Stephen Outerbridge made sure Bermuda got home with eight wickets and 10 balls to spare.
Uganda beat Denmark at Potchefstroom Cricket Ground thanks chiefly to a century from Nehal Bibodi and a fifty from Joel Olweny.
Bermuda, then, will play Uganda in Monday’s ninth/10th-place play-off while Oman and Denmark will meet in the 11th/12th-place match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states