We acted as per rules while suspending RCA: BCCI
New Delhi: The BCCI on Wednesday said that it has acted as per its rules and regulations while suspending the Rajasthan Cricket Association just after former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi was declared elected as president of the state cricket body.
Modi, who has been living in exile after being slapped with a life ban, was yesterday elected RCA President after the Supreme Court cleared the decks for the announcement of the election results held four months ago, prompting a livid BCCI to suspend the state cricket body.
"Being aware and mindful that an anomalous situation would arise in the event Mr Modi was elected President of RCA, the BCCI filed an application before the parallel proceedings pending in the Supreme Court bringing the issue to the notice of the Hon`ble Court and seeking reliefs that its position on the said issue be clarified," the BCCI said in a release.
"Vide the order dated 30th April 2014, the Hon`ble Supreme Court directed that if it is found by the BCCI that any person has acted against its rules, regulations or law, which is to be enforced by it, it would be open to it to take action against such a person," it said.
"In pursuance of the order, under authority vested in him as per Regulation 32 (vii) of the Rules and Regulations of BCCI and as per the unanimous resolution passed in the Working Committee of the BCCI on 28th December 2013, the Interim President, Mr Shivlal Yadav has suspended the Rajasthan Cricket Association from the membership of the BCCI, pending disciplinary proceedings against it on charges of misconduct .
"The BCCI has acted and will act as per its Rules and Regulations and its precedents by which it is bound," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in the release.
Patel said "Despite having voted in favour of Modi`s expulsion, RCA did not take any action against its member unit, the Nagaur District Cricket Association, where Modi held the post of President."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre