We batted at the best time: Nayar
New Delhi: Mumbai`s Abhishek Nayar on Saturday said his team was expecting a total in the region of 240-250 ahead of the Vijay Hazare Trophy semifinal against Delhi here.
Nayar smashed a quickfire 41-ball 72 to set up Mumbai`s 140-run win after opener Wasim Jaffer laid the foundation with a solid 92 at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
"We were expecting at something around 240-250 after winning the toss. But then we played some big shots," Nayar said.
Mumbai were 172 for three in 37 overs when Nayar walked in to bat.
Nayar admitted the pitch was much different from the previous matches.
"The pitch was quite different from the previous matches when it was damp. Today it was dry. We batted at the best time possible. In the second session the pitch played slow," he said.
He also agreed that Jaffer`s knock made it much easier for him to consolidate the innings.
"Batting is never easy but he (Jaffer) set the platform for us."
In the title clash, Mumbai will take on Bengal who beat Punjab in the other semifinal.
"Bengal played good cricket. Hopefully things turn out well for us in the final."
About his injury-marred season, Nayar said, "I have had a good first-class season, got 700 runs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day