We batted at the best time: Nayar
New Delhi: Mumbai`s Abhishek Nayar on Saturday said his team was expecting a total in the region of 240-250 ahead of the Vijay Hazare Trophy semifinal against Delhi here.
Nayar smashed a quickfire 41-ball 72 to set up Mumbai`s 140-run win after opener Wasim Jaffer laid the foundation with a solid 92 at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
"We were expecting at something around 240-250 after winning the toss. But then we played some big shots," Nayar said.
Mumbai were 172 for three in 37 overs when Nayar walked in to bat.
Nayar admitted the pitch was much different from the previous matches.
"The pitch was quite different from the previous matches when it was damp. Today it was dry. We batted at the best time possible. In the second session the pitch played slow," he said.
He also agreed that Jaffer`s knock made it much easier for him to consolidate the innings.
"Batting is never easy but he (Jaffer) set the platform for us."
In the title clash, Mumbai will take on Bengal who beat Punjab in the other semifinal.
"Bengal played good cricket. Hopefully things turn out well for us in the final."
About his injury-marred season, Nayar said, "I have had a good first-class season, got 700 runs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened