We batted at the best time: Nayar
New Delhi: Mumbai`s Abhishek Nayar on Saturday said his team was expecting a total in the region of 240-250 ahead of the Vijay Hazare Trophy semifinal against Delhi here.
Nayar smashed a quickfire 41-ball 72 to set up Mumbai`s 140-run win after opener Wasim Jaffer laid the foundation with a solid 92 at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
"We were expecting at something around 240-250 after winning the toss. But then we played some big shots," Nayar said.
Mumbai were 172 for three in 37 overs when Nayar walked in to bat.
Nayar admitted the pitch was much different from the previous matches.
"The pitch was quite different from the previous matches when it was damp. Today it was dry. We batted at the best time possible. In the second session the pitch played slow," he said.
He also agreed that Jaffer`s knock made it much easier for him to consolidate the innings.
"Batting is never easy but he (Jaffer) set the platform for us."
In the title clash, Mumbai will take on Bengal who beat Punjab in the other semifinal.
"Bengal played good cricket. Hopefully things turn out well for us in the final."
About his injury-marred season, Nayar said, "I have had a good first-class season, got 700 runs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love