We have to come up with a better plan to combat Roach: Clarke
Port of Spain: Skipper Michael Clarke wants his Australian batsmen to blunt West Indies fast bowler Kemar Roach in order to improve their performance in the third Test.
Roach took 10 wickets in a man of the match performance in the drawn second Test in Trinidad, takin his overall in the series to 15 wickets.
Clarke said Roach is clearly the bowler Australia needs to improve against in the third and final Test in Dominica next week.
"He`s a very good bowler. For 23 ... he`s a wonderful talent. He can swing the ball both ways, natural and reverse. He bowls at quite good pace. We have to come up with a better plan to combat him because he`s had a lot of success so far on the tour, that`s for sure," he said.
"When someone bowls at that sort of pace, especially reverse swinging it both ways it`s always going to be difficult. But somehow we`ve got to find a way to score runs against him or not allow him to get us out," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Clarke, as saying.
The third Test begins on Monday in Dominica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League
- London diaries: Saif Ali Khan, wifey Kareena Kapoor shopping at a departmental store – View pic