We haven’t yet decided who will bat at number four in Tests: MS Dhoni
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Team India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, in a press conference on Sunday admitted that the team management was yet to decide as to who would bat at the number four position in Tests — a spot now lying vacant after retirement of batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar.
“We haven’t yet decided who will bat at number four in Tests,” said MS Dhoni before team’s departure for the two-match Test series in South Africa.
He further added: “It would be wrong to put pressure on a player whoever will play at number four. Playing at number four doesn’t mean that he is replacing Sachin Tendulkar.”
India’s tour of South Africa —comprising of three ODIs and two Test matches—kick-starts on December 5. Despite of it being a much trimmed and short sojourn to the rainbow nation, stakes would be at an all time high for both the teams.
On one hand, while South Africa is leading the Test rankings; India on the other hand is at the top in the ODI rankings. Fans can expect an interesting battle — especially the tussle between in-form Indian batsmen and deadly South African pace attack.
If MS Dhoni and company want to end this successful year on a high, they will have to hit the straps early against the hosts on the quick and bouncy South African tracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito